LaGrange Soccer Club will recognize high school seniors who have made significant contributions to LaGrange Soccer.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior in good standing.
- Applicant must be accepted by an accredited college or technical school for the academic year immediately following graduation.
- Answer all questions as completely as possible. Give as much information as you possibly can which would demonstrate that you are the most desirable candidate for this award. If necessary, attach additional sheets.
- Return the completed application along with any necessary documentation to:
LaGrange Soccer Club
Attn: Scholarship Award Committee
PO Box 101
LaGrangeville, NY 12540
Or email the complete application and supporting documentation to:
Kara Gadonniex – LSCintramurals@gmail.com.
- Application deadline June 1, 2015. ALL applications must be RECEIVED BY this date.
- Remember that although contributions to the LaGrange Soccer Club are the most important criteria, the selection committee also reviews and considers all-around interests and activities of the applicants.
CRITERIA – IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE:
- Participation in and contributions to the LaGrange Soccer Club program.
The award is presented to students who have made a long term, quality contribution to LaGrange Soccer. This contribution may have been in the form of any of the following:
- team participation
- volunteer participation in various league related activities
Consideration will be given to the applicant’s demonstrated display of sportsmanship and overall character.
- Academic Achievement
Although this is not an academic award the applicant must be in good academic standing.
- Participation in non-club activities at school, home, or in the community.
Consideration will be given to the applicant’s participation in activities outside of the LaGrange Soccer Club, such as hobbies, special talents being developed, community activities, and student or outside organizations.
- Special Needs / Circumstances
If more than one applicant meets the previously listed criteria equally, the committee will then consider special financial needs or extenuating circumstances such as health obstacles that may reflect on an applicant’s qualifications for the award.
Applicant’s Name _____________________________ Birth Date ____________
Telephone ___________________ Male ______ Female ______
High School Attended ____________________________________
College / Technical School you expect to attend in the fall :
Expected Course of Study_______________________________________
LaGrange Soccer Contributions
List all contributions to LaGrange Soccer including teams played on, Accomplishments, awards, trophies and honors, teams coached, role as referee,
positions held, volunteer activities, etc. Refer to Criteria 1. Attach an additional sheet if necessary. Provide verification if possible.
List all the other activities in which you have participated in over the past 3 years. These may include interests associated with school sponsored activities, community activities, work, or those of a personal nature (i.e. hobbies).
Special Needs / Circumstances:
Explain any unusual factors that may have hampered your athletic or academic performance, or special needs that you believe should be considered in reviewing your application.
APPLICANT’S SIGNATURE _____________________________ DATE _________
(THIS SECTION TO BE COMPLETED BY THE HIGH SCHOOL GUIDANCE OFFICE)
THIS STUDENT IS IN GOOD ACADEMIC STANDING.
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR’S SIGNATURE _______________________________________